Pharmacist - Transitions of Care
Location: South Gate
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Make a Difference in PharmacyWhen the work you do every single
day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort,
every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of
passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and its just
one of the many reasons weve achieved our fifth-consecutive Magnet
designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team of
premier healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art
facilities, youll have everything you need to do something
incrediblefor yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why
U.S. News & World Report has named us one of Americas Best
Hospitals!Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is an 886-bed non-profit,
acute, quaternary, teaching Level I Trauma Center hospital located
in the heart of Los Angeles, California.The Department of Pharmacy
has over approximately 430staff members who provide comprehensive
inpatient pharmacy services as well as outpatient services via 2
cancer centers and 3 outpatient pharmacies. We are committed to the
education and training of pharmacists, students/interns, residents,
technicians, and other health care professionals. We are affiliated
with several Schools of Pharmacy and offers PGY1 and PGY2 residency
programs. The residency and student experiential programs at CSMC
continue to grow with every successive year, where nearly 100
residents have graduated from the PGY1 pharmacy residency program
since 1985 and more than 200 student rotations are offered at CSMC
annually. Recently, CSMC was recognized and bestowed Site of the
Year awards by two major affiliated CA Schools of Pharmacy for
providing an exceptional experiential learning environment for
their students.Do you work well in a large team environment where
critical thinking is essential?The Pharmacist Transition of Care at
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is responsible for the daily
organization and supervision of transitions of care medication
management activities in their areas, including but not limited to
provision of clinical and drug distribution services and other
duties as assigned.The employee performs job duties with
sensitivity to the patients diverse cultural backgrounds. The
employee maintains competency skills to identify medication safety
concerns in the age related population and institutes additional
measures to provide a safe environment with consideration to the
developmental changes in the patient population.
- Pharm.D. or equivalent degree from an accredited school of
pharmacy in the USA.
- Completion of a PGY1 and/or PGY2 residency or equivalent
practice experienceLicense/Certification Requirements:
- Current pharmacist licensure in the State of California.
- BLS certification as outlined in the Pharmacist
Responsibilities in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation(C.P.R.) and Code
Blue Procedure: Pharmacy Policy and ProcedureExperience:
- Comprehensive knowledge of medical terminology as related to
- Comprehensive knowledge of common disease states and
- Ability to comprehend patient medical management plans.
- Ability to assess and apply current pharmacological and
biopharmaceutical principles for the selection and use of drug
products in a clinical setting.
- Ability to extract pertinent information from the patient or
other sources and relate it to the patient care plan.
- Possess the verbal and written communication skills required to
fulfill the pharmacists responsibilities.
- Ability to teach and serve as preceptor for training
- Ability to prepare drugs needed for immediate
- Ability to provide recommendations and monitor the use of
- Knowledge of laws, regulations and standards relative to
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to prioritize workflow.
- Ability to evaluate medication regimens to meet the therapeutic
needs of patients.
- Ability to learn and adapt to the use of automated information
systems in daily practice.
- Demonstrated competency in techniques of pharmaceutical
calculations, compounding and pharmacokinetics.
- Possess patient-centered communication skills.
- Possess computer skills necessary to perform job
- Exceptions to be approved by the Chief Pharmacy Officer or
designee.Physical Demands:(e.g., lifting, standing, walking)
- Frequent standing, walking, bending, reaching, occasional
sitting, pushing & pulling, lifting of materials up to 40 pounds
for distances up to 10 feet.
Working Title:Pharmacist - Transitions of Care
Department:Outpatient Services Pharmacy
Business Entity:Clinical & Support Services
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Keywords: Cedars-sinai, South Gate , Pharmacist - Transitions of Care, Healthcare , South Gate, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!