Clinical Program Manager II
Location: South Gate
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Job Summary: Manages the design planning, development,
evaluation and/or delivery of psycho-therapeutic services/programs
for Psychiatry and/or Addition Medicine patients. In addition,
these positions function as program managers in one or more of the
following roles: Intensive Outpatient Services, Dual Diagnosis,
Case or Outcomes Management; Emergency Psych Services; program
planning/development/evaluation at two or more sites -OR- program
management for a specifically defined patient population(s) at
multiple-site clinics each having two or more staff clinicians -OR-
for multiple clinics at a single large (12+ clinical staff)
- Manages the delivery and/or program planning/evaluation of
timely, cost-effective and high quality services/programs for
- Assures continuity of care and appropriate utilization of
resources both within and outside of Behavioral Health Care.
- Assists physicians in short and long-range planning of
psychotherapeutic/psychiatric social work programs/services that
meet identified needs of members and purchasers.
- Manages psychotherapeutic programs for Addition Medicine and/or
psychiatric patients that add value and are integrated with
Behavioral Health Care service priorities and performance
standards, as well as strategic organizational
- Integrates and coordinates psychiatry and addiction medicine
programs with other in-and out-patient departments, as well as with
- Achieves a continuum of care within Behavioral Health Care;
maintains liaison with other Psychiatry and Addition Medicine
departments, as well as with non-Behavioral Health Care
- Develops systems and methodologies for continuous improvement
of group and/or individual treatment modalities.
- Evaluates effectiveness of programs and services.
- Reviews/evaluates group therapy designs.
- Establishes group and testing treatment protocols.
- May manage programs for specifically defined patient
populations such as patients with life threatening illnesses, dual
diagnoses, depression and obsessive-compulsive disorders, trauma
related disorders, eating disorders, child psychopathology, and
abnormal behavior and personality patterns.
- Conducts on-going program evaluation of individual and/or group
modalities and, in concert with the Chief(s) of Service.
- Develops/maintains systems and processes for outcomes
management/improvement and for identifying the need for revised
and/or new clinical treatment programs, designs, protocols.
- Ensures that the professional practice standards for group
and/or individual therapeutic modalities and psychodiagnostic
testing are maintained by clinicians.
- As appropriate, evaluates the professional clinical practice of
staff and may provide professional staff with regular/appropriate
training, direction and consultation.
- May develop and implement policies, procedures and systems to
ensure customer/ member/patient/purchaser satisfaction and member
- In concert with other personnel and physicians, responds to and
resolves service, access and provider concerns/issues.
- Develops and maintains departmental policies and procedures to
meet Behavioral Health Care and organizational operational,
business and strategic goals/objectives.
- Conducts performance evaluation of professional staff.
- Hires, trains/orients, coaches, disciplines or terminates
- In concert with the Chief, maximizes and manages physical,
fiscal and human resources.
- Manages/reduces associated costs.
- Evaluates/improves utilization and productivity of staff.
- Less than 50% of working time, may provide direct
psychotherapeutic services to individual patients and/or patient
- Minimum three (3) years of clinical experience as a staff
clinician in a mental health setting.
- Minimum two (2) years experience in managing/supervising the
development, delivery and evaluation of clinical mental health
programs, including outcomes measurement, evaluation and
management; clinical/applied research designs and statistical
- Masters degree in a field/discipline related to mental health
such as clinical psychology, counseling, behavioral science,
psychiatric/chemical dependency clinical nursing specialty, or
social work.License, Certification, Registration
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (California) OR Licensed
Clinical Psychologist (in the state where care is provided) OR
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (California)Additional
- Demonstrated ability to plan, develop, implement, coordinate
and evaluate/improve multi-discipline group and/or individual
programs for patients (children, adolescents, adults, and families)
and/or specifically defined patient populations; interpersonal and
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- This is a temporary position.--Job Schedule: Job Category:
Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care, Southern
California Service Areas
Keywords: Kaiser, South Gate , Clinical Program Manager II, Healthcare , South Gate, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...