HR Generalist I
Company: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC)
Location: South Gate
Posted on: March 9, 2023
United States of America
State / County
Dickson Testing Company
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees
worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in
manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings,
airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly
engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In
addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the
industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded
seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil
& gas applications; commercial and military airframe
aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the
casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we
insist on quality and dependability - not just in the materials and
products we make, but in the people we recruit.PCC is relentless in
its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time
producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while
continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.In 2016,
Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett,
acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Business Profile: Wyman-Gordon is a worldwide supplier to the
aerospace and industrial gas turbine markets. We hold quality
accreditations for all of the major airframe and engine
manufacturers for both civil and military applications.
Wyman-Gordon creates rotating closed-die forgings which are
critical for aerospace and land-based gas turbines. Wyman-Gordon
also manufactures structural forgings for airframe, nuclear,
petrochemical, power generation, and space applications.Location
Profile: Located in South Gate, Dickson Testing Company, Inc. is a
full-service destructive testing laboratory serving aerospace and
metallic producers worldwide. Our laboratories serve our customers
with metallurgical, mechanical, corrosion, and chemical testing
services. In support of these services our facility provides
complete specimen fabrication, cut off services and heat treat
capability.Position Summary:The HR Generalist provides support in
various Human Resource areas including but not limited to:
performance management, employee relations, LOA administration,
health and safety, recruitment & onboarding. This position reports
to the HR Manager.Primary Duties & Responsibilities: To perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or competency
needed for successful performance in the role. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Comply with PCC Code of Conduct requirements and all PCC
Cardinal Rules (e.g. Quality and Safety).
- Responsible for understanding, interpreting, and ensuring
compliance with all relevant employment legislative requirements
including Human Rights Act, Office of Federal Contract Compliance
Programs, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Employment
Standards Act, Workers Compensation Act, Occupational Health and
Safety Act, etc.
- Facilitate legal and regulatory compliance to all internal and
external reporting entities by preparing and maintaining required
reports and policies, handling unemployment claims, and conducting
- Working knowledge of Leave of Absence regulations including
FMLA, CFRA, and PDL. Prepare leave documentation upon request and
manage all leaves.
- Responsible for providing guidance and support on performance
management concerns through fair and consistent application of
appropriate disciplinary procedures and/or legal requirements.
- Coach managers & supervisors to assist in their issue
resolutions, professional development and team effectiveness.
- Responsible for fostering an environment which encourages
continuous learning and growth by working in partnership with
managers and supervisors of direct reports to ensure development
plans are appropriate, implemented and completed.
- Attract and secure qualified personnel. Ensure the recruitment
process for hourly and salaried employees is performed in
accordance with legislative and the organization's
- Create and provide new employees with a comprehensive
onboarding program to enable a smooth transition into the
- Support coordination of local training workshops. Support the
sourcing of L&D options.
- Communicate, coordinate & schedule various training
- Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures and
programs to facilitate consistency and equity.
- Prepare internal HR related documents including employment,
promotion and transfer letters, termination forms.
- Maintain confidentiality and accuracy of appropriate
documentation throughout employment history for all employees.
- Support/lead and implement various HR projects and initiatives.
- Responsible for providing counsel to the facility on all
employee relations matters by being a resource to key stakeholders
on the interpretation and application of policies.
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of workforce relations and
how they apply to the organization.
- Make recommendations on disciplinary matters and attend
disciplinary meetings with management when necessary.
- Assist with positive employee relations.
- Foster a harmonious, safe working environment that encourages
equal employment opportunities for all staff. Support/lead efforts
- Provide regulatory and policy advice on workforce related
- Demonstrate confidence in managing conflict situations and
develop solutions in the best interest of stakeholders.
- Maintain calm, professional attitude and approach in emotional
and complex situations.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with all
- Listen to and respond to concerns in a timely manner.
- Coach and counsel Supervisors/Managers in HR related matters.
- Assist facility Safety personnel with safety, health, security
programs to ensure a safe and secure work environment including
effective disability claims management, corporate prevention
- Partnered with our TPA, oversee and proactively manage worker
- Administer benefits.
- Partnered with Division's Payroll team, process payroll
- Other duties as assigned.Required Skills:
- Working knowledge of Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA),
FMLA/CFRA compliance, and compensation analysis.
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills.
- Creativity and demonstrated ability working in a fast-paced
environment with a high degree of change and ambiguity is
- Can easily make the needed connections between systems,
processes, and individuals to facilitate change.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure.
- Keen sense of time management and flexibility.
- Ability to multi-task.
- A passion for the entire talent management lifecycle.
- Exceptional attention to detail and committed to a high degree
of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Excellent grammar, business letter and report writing
- Ability to think proactively, critically and independently to
make good decisions.
- Excellent listening skills.
- A team player who builds strong relationships based on trust
- A clear sense of urgency to achieve results. A "can-do", "let's
make it happen" attitude.
- Embrace continuous improvement by proposing new and/or better
ways of doing things.
- A continuous learner that is passionate and determined.
- Follow through consistently on work commitments.
- Excellent technical ability (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook,
- 3-5 years' relevant work experience in a similar role.
- Previous experience in a Human Resources "Generalist" role in a
manufacturing environment is considered an asset.
- Previous experience supporting multiple business groups or
sites is an asset.
- Experience with Workday is highly preferred but not
- Experience with ADP Vantage is highly preferred but not
- Experience working in a SOX environment is highly preferred but
- Bilingual Spanish highly preferred but not required.Level of
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration
(Industrial Relations), or similar field from an accredited
university is required.
- A PHR or SHRM certification highly preferred but not
required.Physical Demands:The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach
with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently
required to stand; walk and sit. The employee occasionally lifts
and/or moves up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust
focus.Work Environment:The work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Manufacturing and laboratory environments. The noise level in
the work environment is usually low to moderate.This description is
intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by
a person assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of
all duties and responsibilities required by a person so
classified.The job may require additional hours beyond a 40-hour
workweek.Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer
commit ted to recruit, hire, train and promote in all job
categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
veteran status or other status protected by applicable
law.Note:This position is subject to the International Traffic in
Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR
defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident
(i.e., 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time
of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For informational purposes only, the range of pay for this role is
$59000 to $90000 US Dollar (USD) Salaried based on a variety of
factors. For informational purposes only, this role is eligible to
participate in the Company's Quarterly Cash Bonus Plan, paid out at
the quarterly bonus factor of 1X the Company's bonus multiple,
based on the Company's performance in the applicable quarter.
Employees will receive 80 hours paid time off every year. Employees
will also receive 10 paid holidays. Employees (and their families)
are eligible to participate in the company's medical, dental,
vision, and basic life insurance. Employees are eligible to enroll
in the Company's 401(k) plan.
Keywords: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC), South Gate , HR Generalist I, Human Resources , South Gate, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...