Customer Service Associate - South Gate, CA
CALocalSupply Chain/Logistics OperationsRef.: MA-265341Your
shoes were likely made in China. Have you ever wondered how they
got to your local retailer? Or what's in that shipping container
going down your local highway?
At Maersk Distribution and Warehouse Services, we know. In fact,
we facilitate the distribution and movement of freight every single
Each of our client's supply chain is evaluated to optimize
efficiency from factory production, all the way to end user
delivery. The goal is not only to minimize lead times but also to
minimize inventory levels and costs, thus making the client's
business more flexible.
Our warehouse network spans from East to West Coasts of the
United States and in Canada. Our services include transloading and
automated sortation, cross-docking, replenishment, drayage
management, and inland transportation.
We are looking for a Customer Service Associates to join our
North America Warehouse and Distribution team.
This position will be based in South Gate, CA.
We OfferWe offer you an exciting global career at the forefront
of world trade.
Working with the best people in a global team culture with
future growth opportunities in an industry that has a significant
impact on the world economy
We're proud of our people who define our company's industry
leadership, global team culture and customer-centric focus every
When you join our team you join a truly diverse, global
organization in a fast-moving, values-based, work environment where
you can grow on the job, create and shape our digital solutions,
tap into industry-leading talent development initiatives, enjoy
working with your colleagues and broaden your world view through
our international job postings. We offer competitive compensation
and benefits for full-time employees including health, dental and
vision insurance, a 401k savings plan with an employer match and
paid time-off - and our parental leave policy is recognized
world-wide as one of the best in the industry.
Every company, every country wants access to a competitive
shipping, logistics and port system - and our people have created
one company that offers one, easy-to-use solution to all their
Maersk is unique
Maersk is uniquely positioned to play a significant role in
global trade, creating opportunities that help countries, companies
and people succeed. Our vision is simple: Maersk is the global
integrator of container logistics, connecting and simplifying our
customers' global supply chains. We do this through the global
scale of Maersk, the world's largest shipping line; our Logistics
and Services expertise that help customers manage their global
supply chains; and through our port operator, APM Terminals, one of
the largest container terminal operators in the world with the most
strategic locations to serve global supply chains.
Join us and play an important role on our team lifting global
trade every day!
Key ResponsibilitiesThe Customer Service Associate is to ensure
accurate and timely movement of freight to specific destinations
within the customers level of service standards. The ideal
candidate will be processing and organization of all documentation
needed to initiate and complete movement of freight.
- Verify all delivery orders and bills of lading have been
received and are correct
- Check that data is correct in the system and input any missing
- Ensure that the WMS system is updated and accurate
- Ensure that all documentation is processed in a timely
- Record all customs clearance received from the broker
- Maintain data integrity so that distribution can be received
with no exceptions.
- Process paperwork out to operations at a container level.
- Make sure all diversion are accounted for and noted on consoles
- Communicate on a daily basis with customer, broker and other
departments, including managers and/or supervisors when issues
- Monitor and report any level of service failures to the
Customer Service Manager.
- Handle all requests from customer in a timely manner.
- Assist other CSR staff as needed and when time permits.
- Cross train in other areas of the team
- Customer claim processing, reporting, and procedure compliance
facilitation. Partner with Facility Manager to determine best
process for resolving claim. This may include implementing new
procedures that will serve as "check and balance" to eliminate
- Support Maersk Distribution's commitment to quality, which
includes customer specific Quality program(s), training
requirements and work instructions.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Performs job related duties as specified by management
Who we are looking forEDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILL
- High school diploma/GED, Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1+ years' customer service experience in the transportation,
manufacturing, warehouse and distribution industries. Retail and
fast food customer service experience non applicable at this
- MS Word must be able to create and modify docs
- MS Outlook must be able to manage emails and calendars
- Intermediate proficiency skills in Microsoft Excel that
includes inputting & exporting data, sorting, & filtering data,
creating and modifying spreadsheets, using auto sum, basic
- Will be working 1st shift starting at 7am-8am until
- Need to have flexibility to work earlier, stay later and
weekends based on customer needs
Personal Characteristics (Soft Skills)
- Organizational skills, meticulous flow-through skills
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to work under
pressure, and to work independently
- Must be assertive and self-starter
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have)
- WMS or Warehouse Management Systems
- YMS or Yard Management Systems
- Advanced proficiency skills in Microsoft Excel that includes
pivot tables and Macros.
>Last application date: 29 May 2021.
For further information, please contact:
Maria.Patterson@Maersk.com.maerskline.comYou must be authorized to
work for any employer in the US.
Local candidates only; no relocation or visa sponsorship
assistance is provided.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics
company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply
chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company
operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With
simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services,
seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery
network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by
transporting goods anywhere - all over the world. For more
information: https://www.maersk.com All the