Grocery Night Crew Lead- Store #45 FT
Company: Northgate Markets
Posted on: May 3, 2021
JOB SUMMARY: To supervise, direct, and maintain pricing,
stocking, facing, and rotation of merchandise in the grocery area
in a manner that conveys an attractive image of a store that is
clean, neat, and well stocked; to perform other functions as
required depending upon workloads and scheduling, in an efficient
manner within company policy, to ensure that the shift contributes
to the financial best interests of the store.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position
include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Monitor procedures to ensure that cartons are opened properly
to control potential for damage to goods and handle damaged and
spoiled products according to company policy.
- Assist in ordering and maintaining inventory control; notify
management of invoice errors and product shorts according to
company policies and procedures.
- Control excessive use of utilities and water and observe sound
- Use correct pricing as listed in the store's pricing guide and
ensure that all merchandise is properly priced; accurately record
markups and markdowns, instore use of merchandise, voids, refunds
and bad merchandise/spoilage writeoffs in accordance with company
- Be familiar with invoice documents and confirm accuracy of item
descriptions, sizes, quantities and pricing during grocery vendor
product deliveries; record invoice documents accurately on the
receiving log and place signed invoice in the designated secured
- Maintain general housekeeping and sanitation standards in
compliance with store policy and state and local health regulations
on a regular, ongoing basis.
- Keep refrigerated coolers, store shelves and other displays
fully stocked and faced at all times according to tag allocation or
department standards; assist in building store displays for maximum
sales and turnover; display merchandise in a neat and colorful
- Check refrigeration equipment for proper performance a minimum
of one time per shift.
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures.
- Assist in the training and development of night crew personnel
- Responsible for performance and supervision of all duties and
responsibilities of an experienced grocery clerk.
- Delegate and assign responsibilities and specific tasks to
night crew members as directed by store management and workloads;
follow up on assignments given to employees and hold them
accountable for their performance and ability to perform required
- Monitor procedures for price marking and restocking to ensure
accuracy, proper product rotation, and quality protection.
- Observe security standards by staying alert and being aware of
customer actions and behavior; report to manager or security any
- Promote and maintain good employee relations and
- Enforce policies and procedures established for the department;
notify store manager of personnel situations or policy violations
affecting store operating performance or of situations requiring
disciplinary action or that may potentially require such
- Greet all customers and provide them with prompt and courteous
service or assistance.
- Sweep floors during store hours and respond promptly to
emergencies or potential safety hazards such as spills and broken
glass or plastic containers that contain liquid products.
- Use and maintain equipment in good working order; immediately
advise store manager of any maintenance or equipment problems.
- Perform any other work-related duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND CONDITIONS:
- High school education preferred but not required;
- Successful completion of an apprenticeship/training program or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to calculate figures and amounts such as
discounts, gross margins, markup, percentages, ratios, and to apply
basic concepts of algebra.
- Ability to verify vendor invoice charges and counts, and
complete required accounting reports including inventory,
receiving, and variations in cash or column totals.
- Ability to hear, speak and understand the spoken word in order
to respond promptly to pages for assistance, to accommodate verbal
requests from customers for information or assistance, to answer
telephones, and to be able to communicate effectively with
- Ability to read, write, analyze, interpret and understand the
English language with sufficient proficiency in order to read and
understand instructions for operating electronic cash registers,
equipment and other tools, company handbooks, policies and
procedures, and other written jobrelated documents.
- Ability to fill out forms properly and compose and write
- Be fully knowledgeable and thoroughly familiar with the nature
and duties of every staff position on the night crew including
procedures, policies and operations.
- Be able to pass a standard drug test and qualify as being
"drugfree" under the legal and medical guidelines permitted by the
Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988.
Physical Demands and Work Conditions
The physical demands and work conditions described below are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Some
requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit, stand, and use the hands to handle,
finger, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- The employee must occasionally exert or lift up to 50 pounds
carrying bulk dog food, case cartons of milk or beverages, trash
containers, etc. and moderate amounts frequently.
- Successful performance requires specific vision abilities that
include close vision and the ability to adjust focus to check
invoices and other written documents.
- Be able to climb a ladder to retrieve items stored in elevated
or overhead racks or shelves located above refrigerated boxes, in
stockrooms and other storage areas; be able to sweep and mop
floors, dust and face shelves, and lift and carry out trash
containers to be emptied in an outside bin.
- Have sufficient physical mobility or agility to be able to
respond quickly to fire or other emergencies such as cleanup
requests (due to accidental spills or breakage of glass or plastic
containers having liquid contents), shoplifting and other security
assistance requests, customer accidents, etc.
- Be able to stock coolers and shelves and endure working under
temperature extremes (as low as 20F) in refrigerated storage areas
up to 20 minutes at a time.
- Typically, the noise level in the work environment is moderate;
however, on occasion, it can be extremely noisy when the employee
must enter the compressor/machine room to check on refrigeration
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions,
experience, educational factors, and the requirements and
conditions listed in this job description are representative only
and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to
perform. The Employer reserves the right to revise this job
description at any time and to require employees to perform other
tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business or the work
Keywords: Northgate Markets, South Gate , Grocery Night Crew Lead- Store #45 FT, Other , Southgate, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!