Company: World Oil
Location: South Gate
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: Overview Associate scheduler that works
within the marketing and customer service department. Fast paced
work environment that includes receiving and entering new customer
product orders; coordinating transportation and pickup with outside
carriers; researching new business opportunities; preparing and
submitting bid packages and additional marketing related support.
Primarily business hours but may require overtime and after hours
support of marketing efforts. Responsibilities:
- Provide support to Marketing & Logistics Manager and operations
management on daily basis using Excel and Word, including preparing
spreadsheets and documents on a timely basis.
- Receive and process new product orders via telephone and
- Prepare CalTrans pricing bid packages to acquire new sales
- Interact with customers telephonically and occasionally in
person to support existing relationships.
- Perform data entry for product accounting, carrier activities
and various operational updates.
- Work independently to compile daily reporting for
- Coordinate with 3rd party carriers for sample and product
- Track and identify potential bidding opportunities on industry
trade sheets ("Green sheets").
- Track awarded city, county, and state paving jobs on a
weekly/monthly basis and effectively communicate scheduling changes
to Sales & Marketing and Operations Departments.
- Manage and complete special project requests by supervisor or
- Assist in scheduling refining logistics when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned and required.Minimum Requirements
- Basic Problem Solving — On incoming calls, independent thought
process related information to develop and evaluate options and
implement solutions. Able to handle challenging situations such as
angry, confused, or impatient callers and professionally resolve
customer complaints or request.
- Analytical Thinking — Position requires basic analyzing
information and using basic logic to address work-related issues
and problems upon gathering info. Ability to use online websites
and identify relevant information for online forms (e.g. Cal-Trans
Estimator tool) as needed. Ability to anticipate problems.
- Dependability - Job requires being punctual, reliable,
responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling work schedule
obligations. Be able to identify products and how the products
interact with the department requests. Patience, self-control and
the ability to work well on a team are desirable qualities.
- Attention to Detail — Job requires attention to detail and
being thorough in ensuring work tasks and assignments are completed
timely and accurately. Ability to perform independent quality
control by spell checking all emails and documents prior to
submission. Display strong organizational skills.
- Integrity —Must be honest and ethical at all times. Must report
any and all discrepancies to the Marketing Specialists or Marketing
VP. Must be pleasant, cordial, and display business conduct at all
times upon answering or make calls; be able to communicate
regarding all types of business , understand weather management
processes, engage with employees, customers, or vendors through
quality customer service. Adhere to policies.
- Initiative — Job requires a willingness to take on added
responsibilities and challenges as they arise. Attempt to
understand project prior to completion, ask questions as necessary
in order to provide quality work with information necessary to
complete task. Physical Demands: Good hand-eye coordination, hand
coordination to type with both hands using all fingers for keyboard
typing purposes min. 40WPM, Physically be able to lift 10lbs. Good
written and oral communication skills in English/Spanish. Other
- Ability to crouch, kneel, bend or stoop to perform tasks such
as checking shipments received from outside vendors. Sign off on
outside mail carriers as back-up front desk.
- Ability to use hands, arms and upper body strength to grasp and
office equipment, ability for him or her to grasp rails while
walking and climbing stairs to the second-floor executive office.
Hearing: Ability to hear detailed telephone instructions in the
presence of background noise are required. Environmental Conditions
(Physical Surroundings):This position is subject to both inside and
outside environmental conditions. 90% of the shift will occur in an
office environment with controlled ventilation, 10% answering
company calls with follow email or text. This employee is not
protected from temperature changes outside the office. Education:
Min. High School Diploma or equivalent Language Skills: Speak,
Read, Write, and understand English/Spanish fluently. Computer
Proficiency: Ability to create, edit and modify Excel spreadsheets
(including use of formulas, lookup functions and formatting), Word
documents (formatting, tables, layouts, text manipulation) and
PowerPoint (create and edit slides); ability to create, send,
receive emails and attachments using Outlook.AAP/EEO StatementIt is
the policy of World Oil to provide equal opportunity for all
applicants and employees. The Company does not unlawfully
discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin,
ancestry, age, medical condition or genetic characteristic,
physical or mental disability, family care or medical leave status,
military status, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status,
veteran status, or any other status protected by state or federal
Keywords: World Oil, South Gate , Associate Scheduler, Other , South Gate, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!