Meat Service Clerk - Store #45 Part-time
Company: Northgate Markets
Location: South Gate
Posted on: June 22, 2022
JOB SUMMARY: To provide excellent customer assistance in a
prompt and diligent manner; to ensure that the work shift
contributes to the financial best interests of the store.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include,
but are not limited to, the following:
* Maintain a highly visible presence at the service counter and
promptly greet customers as they arrive.
* Deliver excellent service by providing fast, friendly fulfillment
of customer orders at the service counter.
* Promote sales by suggesting potential products of interest to
* Wrap, weigh and price service counter items using
first-in-first-out procedures and clean service cases.
* Assist with opening or closing of the department by sweeping,
mopping, cleaning counters, removing trash and replenishing
* Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance and observe
company dress regulations; must wear an approved hat or hair
* Comply with safety policies and procedures and ensure that all
department personnel follow as well.
* Adhere to all local, state and federal health and civil code
regulations; adhere to all state, county and local weights and
* Communicate temperature irregularities to department manager.
* Contribute to the control of department expenses and energy
conservation practices; control excessive use of utilities and
water and observe sound conservation practices.
* Contribute towards ensuring a favorable department image with
customers through a clean, attractive and friendly department.
* Maintain general housekeeping and sanitation standards in
compliance with store policy and state and local health regulations
on a regular, ongoing basis.
* Use and maintain equipment in good working order; immediately
advise store director or the key person in charge of any
maintenance or equipment problems.
* Observe security standards by staying alert and being aware of
customer actions and behavior; report to manager or security any
* Maintain good communications with superiors and coworkers
throughout the organization.
* Notify meat manager of personnel situations or policy violations
affecting store operating performance or of situations requiring
disciplinary action or that may potentially require such
* Other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND CONDITIONS:
* High School education preferred but not required.
* Successful completion of an apprenticeship/training program or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
* (None Required)
* Be able to perform arithmetical calculations at the tenth grade
level in order to calculate percentages, ratios and tare weight
allowances, apply concepts of basic algebra; complete and submit
required records and reports.
* Ability to hear, speak and understand the spoken word in order to
respond promptly to pages for assistance, to accommodate verbal
requests from customers for information or assistance, to answer
telephones, and to be able to communicate effectively with
* Ability to read, write, analyze, interpret and understand the
English language with sufficient proficiency in order to read and
understand instructions for operating electronic equipment and
tools; company handbooks, policies and procedures; and other
written job related documents.
* Be fully knowledgeable and thoroughly familiar with all of the
various cuts and types of meat products sold in the department
including recommended uses or cooking methods and store/department
procedures, policies and operations.
* Be able to pass a standard drug test and qualify as being drug
free under the legal and medical guidelines permitted by the Drug
Free Workplace Act of 1988;
Physical Demands and Work Conditions
The physical demands and work conditions described below are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Some
requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit, stand, and use the hands to handle,
finger, or feel objects, tools or controls.
* Successful performance requires vision abilities that include
close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
* Be able to lift up to 30 pounds when filling large orders from
the service counter or an order that requires multiple packages of
service counter meat to be handled simultaneously. Be able to climb
a ladder to retrieve items stored in overhead racks such as trays
and wrapping material; be able to sweep and mop floors and lift and
carry out trash containers to be emptied in an outside bin.
* Have sufficient physical mobility or agility to be able to
respond quickly to fire or other emergencies and sufficient
dexterity to disassemble, clean and adjust meat department
equipment or to clear label jams, etc.
* Be able to work in an environment that has fresh fruits,
vegetables, and latex gloves without negative allergic consequences
that adversely affect performance.
* The work environment includes working on surfaces that can be wet
* Typically, the noise level in the work environment is moderate;
however, on occasion, it can be extremely noisy when the employee
must enter the compressor/machine room to check on refrigeration
equipment or when working with power tools and equipment.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions,
experience, educational factors, and the requirements and
conditions listed in this job description are representative only
and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to
perform. The Employer reserves the right to revise this job
description at any time and to require employees to perform other
tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business or the work
Keywords: Northgate Markets, South Gate , Meat Service Clerk - Store #45 Part-time, Other , South Gate, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!