Accounting & Reporting Consultant
Location: Newport Beach
Posted on: November 10, 2019
Job Req #: 19-10764Job Description: Accounting & Reporting
ConsultantLocation: Newport Beach, CA ?????Position Type: Contract
????? U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to
work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered.?POSITION
DESCRIPTION:The Alternative Funds at *** total approximately ***
billion across multiple strategies and multiple vehicle types
(hedge fund and private equity). The Alternatives Funds Finance
Team is responsible for the overall financial accounting and
control, tax structuring and compliance, and investment partner and
third-party service provider oversight. The Team works directly
with Product Management, Legal & Compliance, Account Management,
Portfolio Management and Operations groups of *** and reports to
the Executive Office.The Alternative Funds Finance Team is seeking
to add a temporary professional with strong investment company
and/or alternative asset accounting experience to the Financial
Control Team. The role requires a highly proficient accountant with
alternatives experience and product exposure to manage the
complexities of diversified hybrid funds. This team member will be
responsible for the accounting and reporting of 4 Private Equity
Funds focused in credit strategies.Position Period: January 20th ?
July 31, 2020.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversight of 4 Private Equity Funds focused in credit
- Own the investment closing process for illiquid assets focusing
on the functions of finance, treasury, accounting and reporting.
Collaborate and communicate effectively across multiple
stakeholders, including portfolio management, tax and legal
professionals, operations team and administrator.
- Monitor and maintain illiquid investments for financial
accounting and reporting, including complex security accounting and
income recognition, valuation and performance.
- Responsible for the fund treasury and liquidity management
process (including, capital calls, distributions and coordination
with the financing team).
- Oversee the quarterly close process for the funds and all key
reporting deliverables (investor reports, capital statements and
annual audited financial statements).
- Assist with fund expense process and oversight.
- Contribute to the external audit, regulatory reporting and
other reporting requirements.
- Oversee the completion of various regulatory and other
- Utilize internal and external resources to respond to client,
prospective client, and client consultant requests for information
in a timely and accurate manner
- Review various regulatory and other reporting requirements
including Form PF, Transparency Reporting, OPERA, and CPO-PQR.
- Review scheduled and ad hoc internal reporting (e.g. fund
performance metrics, AUM, fee revenue, investor data).??POSITION
- 10+ years of experience in financial accounting, audit or
finance function for an alternative investment manager with
exposure to credit or private equity funds
- Ability to implement accounting and reporting for investment
structures for different asset classes
- Desire to understand transaction process flows and requirements
and develop processes to solve complexities as they arise
- Experience with external audit processes and procedures
- Knowledge of accounting principles including US GAAP and
Investment Company Accounting
- Bachelor?s degree with a major in Accounting or Finance
- Excellent capabilities in Microsoft Excel
- CPA (licensed) and Big 4 background strongly desired, but not
required?REQUIRED CANDIDATE PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven
- Good quantitative/analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly organized, proficient at time management / project
- Keen desire to learn and quickly absorbs new knowledge
- Excellent written /verbal communication skills
- Balance a sharp focus on details with an awareness of the
- Foster a sense of teamwork, assisting others when needed
/requiredRobert Dorko?Technical Recruiter720-573-5283?About
Ascent:The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized
technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business
is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large
Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial
Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences.? As consultants
for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the
industries we serve.? Our goal is to deliver innovative talent
through proven best practices and effective resource optimization.?
Become one of ASG's candidates and experience the difference!?
About Ascent:Ascent is a leading national technology consulting and
professional services firm that focuses on tactical and strategic
consulting. Ascent---s fundamental business is providing staffing
services to Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals:
Financial Services, Healthcare, and Life Sciences. We focus the
majority of our efforts in Staff Augmentation support of Large
Enterprise Clients who utilize a Vendor Management System. Ascent
works as both a reliable supplier in support of programs, as well
as a Strategic Advisor in support of enterprise efforts to
establish best in class preferred vendor programs. Ascent was
ranked in the 2007 and 2008 Inc. 500 and recognized specifically
for its innovative work in staff augmentation support of Large
Enterprise preferred vendor accounts.If you are ready to propel
your career to new heights--- read on. We are looking for talented
and dedicated colleagues to join our phenomenal team. At Ascent, we
have created an environment where culture, commitment and
opportunity converge to yield a truly unique place to work. We know
that every employee has something important to say and that every
employee is integral to our success. Where else can you walk over
to a founder and talk about your ideas to help build our business
and have that idea implemented in 48 hours? More importantly, we do
everything we can to make sure our employees not only have great
jobs, but great lives.
Keywords: Ascent, South Gate , Accounting & Reporting Consultant, Other , Newport Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!